Intro to Tech
Course Structure and Duration
What you will learn:
Equipment Requirements (in addition to basic equipment)
The TDI Intro to Tech course introduces students to the world of technical diving. This course is designed as an introductory course to the TDI Advanced Nitrox course and the TDI Decompression Procedures Course. The objective of this course is to familiarize students with technical equipment configurations, to enhance open water diving skills (such as buoyancy, trim, and situational awareness), and to introduce students to advanced gas planning techniques within a no-decompression context. This course is strictly a no-decompression course; students are permitted to use enriched air nitrox (EAN) mixes, provided the gas mix is within their current level of certification.
Intro to Tech may be combined with TDI Advanced Nitrox at the discretion of the instructor.
Interested in this course? Don't waste another minute and contact us to discuss what options are available now!
Already have a code? Click the picture below to log in and start your adventure today!
3. Equipment Considerations
4. Dive Planning
1. Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
2. Minimum certification an SDI Open Water Scuba Diver or equivalent
3. Provide proof of 25 logged open water dives
1. A minimum of 3 dives must be conducted; All dives must be conducted at depths within the diver’s current level of certification but no dives should exceed 23 metres / 75 feet
2. If the TDI Intro to Tech is taught in conjunction with Advanced Nitrox, only a total of 4 dives are required; more may be conducted at the discretion of the instructor
3. TDI allows instructors to structure courses according to the number of students participating and their skill level
1. Primary cylinder(s) cylinder volume appropriate for diving conditions and diver gas consumption
2. Primary regulators
a. Primary and alternate second stage required on all primary cylinder(s)
b. Submersible pressure gauges are required on all primary cylinder(s)
3. Depth gauge and automatic bottom timer and/or dive computer
4. Buoyancy compensator device appropriate for equipment configuration
5. Ascent reel with lift bag/surface marker buoy
6. Exposure protection appropriate for local diving condition
7. Slates / wet-notes
61(0)433 156 500
If you care about your dive education, you are at the right place
© Australian Instructional Solutions Pty Ltd 2014